Wednesday, December 15, 2004


Time flies
It's been 12 months already. This day 12 months ago was the beginning of the end of my freedom. Not knowing what to expect or what I'd end up doing, but here I am.

It doesn't seem that long since I started work. Looking back, I think how I ended up where I am today. Never would I expect to land a job in a company like this, and to now see all the change that's taking place from within. Corporate restructure is a part of life but I'd never imagined it would turn out the way it has. 3 direct managers all gone by the end of the year, re-titled roles (pay rise???), no longer considered a graduate although that had meant jack in the first place.

Funnily enough, its only 12 months later that I'm just halfway through a training course to learn the programming language that our system is built with, and that also means I will end up being rostered as part of the support team next year. FUN!

Who knows what is in store for the next 12 months. I don't know what I want to be doing, just get a feel for what's out there and not get dug into a hole I can't get out of later, which seems a few people there have done.


On another note, it appears we may get another dog. I don't see how we can't cos its just damn quiet without her around. I always have the urge to yell out JACKIEEE when I come home, and stare blankly out the rear door expecting her to be running about and looking in. *sigh*

Labels: ,



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]