Wednesday, May 18, 2005


Bon Voyage
My sister's leaving this Friday to work in the UK for a year. Seems to be a rite of passage for a lotta people these days. Work and/or travel around UK for 3-12 months or even more.. Lucky for her shes on an exchange like role within her company, so the only thing she needs to do is find a place to live.

My parents, as would most others, didn't want to see her leave, but this time she stuck her ground and went with it and lucky for her they didn't get in her way. Now she can have the independence she wants, and there are no parents around to nag her all the time!
Am I suppose to feel any different that she is leaving soon? Should I feel that I would miss her? Not any time soon. Maybe on those special occasions where she usually comes up with the ideas of presents to buy for birthdays and anniversaries and stuff. Not that I have much of a brother-sister relationship with her these days. Years even. ah well. I shall enjoy the peace and quiet, as I do nowadays, when she has left.

What is the attraction of the UK anyway? I've never been before, but I don't think I could work there for so long, if at all. Whoknows, maybe if I travel over there I'll get the work n travel bug too. Europe and US is still on one of my travel wishlists. Some time in the future... I'll give myself 10 years. Very optimistic, mm yes I am.

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]