Sunday, April 18, 2004


Drive On!
I seemed to have a holden themed gift thing goin on this year. Friends bought me a Holden ceramic mug and a Holden autoart limited edition (7298 of 8004 - not that that really means much at such a high number... only if it was 8004 heh) model of Jason Bright's 2001 Holden Racing Team VX Commodore, which was nice of them.. since I am a Holden boy after all. Waiting for the day to get my HSV GTS300 (or the current days model...), another 10 years I'd say ;)
Coincidentally, driving into the city for dinner, I heard on the radio an ad for genuine Holden merchandise including T-shirts, models, caps, jackets, and.... G-Strings! Now, I don't think any rev head guy would want one for themselves.. I wonder what their partner would think if they got them one instead. A strategically placed lion perhaps?


The Newlyweds

Last night's dinner at Wagamama down at King Street Wharf was entertaining at the least. One of my friends (male) proposed to another whilst his girlfriend was in the bathroom. (Don't ask, I can't even remember why, the whole night I was in tears from the laughter.). One (the one that got proposed to) happily asked if we were having an Asian meal when we were eating. Not realising what he said nor realising the place we were at I think, the rest of us jus broke down. I'm sure he didn't notice the chopsticks on the tables or the noodles we were eating. It was quite Oriental indeed. The proposer decided to call the proposee "the blonde one" for the night, as is Jessica Simpson the blonde one in the Newlyweds. I don't think anyone else disagreed heh. The two were copping it both ways from each other throughout the night, some I just dont even want to repeat. The conversations we were having, does not go well when you are eating. I don't think the table of 12 behind us were happy that we were 'discussing' them so loud.

The service at Wagas' was a bit outta wack, with my friends who got the 'Happy Meal Deal', finished their mains before the entree even came out, and one of my other friends got his dish (the grilled salmon ramen) a good 20 minutes after everyone else had theirs (one or two had finished). When one of the waitpersons served my meal, he asked what the occasion was. My friends mentioned it was my birthday, and I asked him, so, do I get a free meal :c) (giving him that lovely smile too!), to which he replied, "um yeh I'll see what I can do".. turning around as fast as he could and walked away, not to be seen til he came and collected our plates when we were finished. He asked me what did I have for dinner. To which I replied, "erm the chicken ramen". Him: No you didnt. You don't have to pay for it, its on the house. *sweeet* shocked faces all around. Then I realised I ordered one of the cheapest dishes there was! We stayed around for a good 30minutes afterwards, til another waitperson asked if we wanted anything else, so we got the bill. It was at this point, one of my friends brought out his 3 Entertainment cards for discounts at Wagamamas. She then went ahead and consulted the aforementioned waitperson who gave me the free meal, pointing to us with the 3 cards in hand. I don't think he was too happy to see 3 of the cards. Our bill came, and the total ended up being over 50% off the actual price, so the seven of us ended up paying less than $10 each for our meal. LOL. In the end, it turns out the waitperson was the manager (or so it seemed with all the other tasks he was doin...). He was probably glad to see us go, and memorise our faces to put in his lil black book.

Labels: ,



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]