Saturday, April 17, 2004


There goes another year..
I turn 21 23 today. Forever 21 I say.
It doesn't feel any different although I think my body says otherwise.

Thankfully, yesterday was an easy day at work after meeting our project deadline a day ahead of schedule even though we still had a few bits here and there to do. Also organised yesterday was a lunch gathering for the new graduates at work (6 of us) that the General Manager of IT said would "sponsor" our first lunch to get to know one another. Given a $150 budget for lunch, so tempting was the $25 banquet on offer at Thai Tanic that we decided against it. Earlier in the morning, our team leader also shouted the team (4 of us) some 'coffee' (hot chocolate for me.) due to the hard work we put in for the last few weeks. So for the first day since I started work, I hadn't had to pay anything for eating out, which can get quite heavy on the hip pocket in the north of town.

Last night, was memorable. Caught up with another friend whos birthday celebrations it was as well, someone I've known from my first job 5 years ago. She didn't go to well. For me, with a few drinks here and there and no food to go down with it didn't do my stomach any good. Nor did it help my pool game. Trying to eat a hot dog at the end of the night was a bad idea. Luckily the contents of my stomach agreed to stay put.
Early in the morning, headed off to the GoodBar with my best mate (who I've known since kindy) for some ol school hiphop beatz. The atmosphere was aiiight, tight but a bit too loud. Ordering drinks at the bar -
Me: CC and dry and a lemonde thanks
Bartender: Sorry?
M: CC AND DRY and a LEMONADE!
B: bourbon and dry and a vodka lemonade?
M: NO! Double whiskey and dry and a lemonade!
B: OK!
so he goes off and pours a double whiskey and a vodka lemonade.
I gave up trying to correct the order. The vodka lemonade didnt even have any taste to it. It was just like water.
Left the place after an hour, my ears were ringing from bein under the speakers, I couldn't hear myself talk.

Surprisingly, I woke up early today. I think my body clock is trying to correct itself after all these years of sleeping in.

Another day, another year. I feel like my life is goin to waste.

Labels: ,



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]