Saturday, April 26, 2003


Lest We Forget
This is probably 24 hours too late, but better late than never. Yesterday was Anzac Day. The day the Anzacs (Australian New Zealand Army Corps) landed on the sands of Gallipoli during WW2. The day where the Anzac spirit began and lingers on forever. The fighting spirit. The never-say-die attitude. The mateship. Thats what its all about. I guess for some of us, it never had a real profound affect on our lives, especially those from a non-anglo background. But those who were pretty much educated here from their young days, will understand what its all about. It's part of our history that we will never forget.
I have probably changed over the years. When I was a lot younger, I was a member of the Scouts Association and every Anzac Day we would parade in the local community. I guess this made me more aware of what Anzac Day was all about, but when I grew older, the memories had started to fade and Anzac Day was just another public holiday. But one does not forget the Anzac spirit.

Age shall not weary them. They are forever in our hearts and minds. Lest We Forget

What I have said above is only a little of what I think, know and write about. English writing was never my forte even though I was born, bred and educated here. Funny that. But its the thought that counts. I am not the type that expresses oneself openly - my feelings and thoughts are pretty much a closed book, or half-open book you might say .. but I guess thats the same with a lotta people .. hence I do not even know why I wrote that above or this paragraph at all. I guess this is a good place as any to start, without having to face the people I know (but theres you thats reading this of course that I do know :) and only sharing it with you that dare set foot in my domain :) And of course, any comment is appreciated hehe :)

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]