Monday, January 22, 2007


It's unofficially officially...
or is it officially unofficially?
I'm being (un)officially (un)officially moved from my current team into another team managed by my second level manager (who use to be my direct manager before the IT restructure a few years ago) in February. It's been mentioned for the last few months since my return from my holidays in October that this would be occurring, leading to my somewhat attitude or lack thereof at work in recent times.

The move came about due to a headcount freeze in the new financial year, with an aim to reducte operational costs. Since there is lack of work in my team the manager decided to "choose" me as the ideal candidate to move into the other team.

The whole business of it being unofficial is that, well, I still have to apply for the role that's meant to be advertised internally. meh. If they really want me (which appears to be the case) then they'll just have to take it as it is. I never got around to fixing up my resume to send to them so that I could get the role. Looks like I won't need to.

Now I have next to no knowledge of what's invovled or the work they exactly do (Mikey?) there but I'm supposedly already been assigned to work on a project!

I'm still in the same quandary that I was in when I first joined. I have absolutely no idea where I can go from here if I were to look externally as I do not have the required experience to do what I want to do. The last 3 years I have used technologies that aren't widely used in the corporate world and it will soon become obsolete in my company once the system I'm working on now is migrated in the next 2 - 3 years! Unless I start from the ground up again then I have no hope of moving forward.

Take two steps back to take one step forward? Time will tell.

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]