Tuesday, August 12, 2003


Come One, Come All
As the saying goes, it either doesn't come or they all come at once. Had a call this morning from a lecturer at uni who teaches first year software development course requesting if I was interested in tutoring. Sure, why not. Starting TODAY. OK Thanks for the notice. I didn't even know what week at uni it was, I've been out of it for so long.

20 minutes after that call, I receive another one from an agent for a job I applied for last week. Interview tomorrow. swoite. Problem is, if I get a job now I have to stop tutoring. gah. Why does this always appen.

After tutoring today, I think I need to read the lecture notes and catch up cos I can't remember some of the stuff theyre asking, which ain't good from a tutor's perspective. With a quiz this Thursday and an Assignment due next week, this is a jam packed first week. Now I gotta figure out how I get paid. $_$

Winblows
Lucky (if you can call it that) for me there was a lil blackout this morning causing the power to go down in the house, meaning my computer needed to be restarted after a few weeks. That meant it was time to update Windows after not having done so for a while. Having later today hearing news reports (and Ajamedor calling me in the middle of my tute ;) about a worm spreading around using the vulnerability, released last week, in the Windows RPC allowing hackers to remotely access the computer and do whatever it wants, in particular reboot affected PCs, I was glad that I had updated in time. Although I believe I did update that particular vulnerability a few days ago, though there was a few more to go. On top of that, I needed to update virus protection for my comp. Dumb crappy 90day LiveUpdate trial meaning I need to reinstall it every 3 months, which I havn't done since May, so I get new virus definitions. So now, hopefully I'm protected from this Blaster worm and anything new that comes along.

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]