Saturday, June 07, 2003


I'm feeling lazy this morning since I only got up about an hour ago and waiting for brunch to arrive so I'm blogging about nothing. Nothing really. Not much at all. (If you stop reading from this point onwards :)

I've half assed completed part of an assignment (coding in C++ is so much fun!) now I gotta write a report about it. Then to continue my other one and hopefully get that done on time and prepare for the demo. I was suppose to have an 'online meeting' yesterday, ie chat via ICQ, with a friend for this project we are suppose to do thats due during exam week, but he wasn't on and I have no other means of contacting him.. so I guess I'll wait til I see him next. We should really get started on it but I just dont seem to have the time to do any more work. Think I'm gonna burn out these next few weeks. I've always been the one to say that I don't stress out. What is stress really? Too much worrying, tension, pressure, grittiness? I always take the 'no worries' approach (but I figure quite a lot of people do too) to things, if I can't do it now, do it later. Worrying about it more ain't gonna help. But I think I'm starting to worry about these exams and if I got the time to study for it all. You get out of it what you put in, and I don't think I'll be putting much in from the looks of it so we'll see what eventuates. Ah think about it all when I actually do start studying. No worries mate.

Yesterday my dad told me to grow my hair back to what it was before, as when I look for jobs and have interviews it might give a bad impression with what I got now. I don't know if that would be the case. Employers arent suppose to discriminate. Well not against race, religion, sex and few other things. But hairstyle? hmm. short (long) spiky (bushy in the morning) hair.. now what's wrong with that. I only got this hair do cos the hairdresser I've been with for the past hmm 7 - 8 years got tired of cutting it the way I've had it before (a "blend" cut, like "step" but blended so there is no defining line between the top and bottom parts of the hair, if you know what I mean) and asked me to go for something new. He actually asked me that a few times before that, but those times I've said no, cos I didn't want the change or I had an interview lined up and didn't wanna look too outta place heeh but now, I really dont care as much. One bad thing about my haircut at the moment.. is the price I gotta pay eevery time I get it cut. $15 every 2-3 months when it grows too long (like it is now hehe) whereas before I would only need to go every 4-5 months. Thats just too much to spend for having a cut (compared to female cut I guess its cheaper heh), but I cant be bothered goin anywhere else, since elsewhere they cut it crap (for me anyway :) *ponder* Good thing about having it long and leaving it long now is that its bloody cold in the morning and my ears are freezing and its keeping my head a bit warmer hehe I think I might be going to the snow as well in July, if something gets planned by then. Maybe I shall just grow it alll the way so I can stay warm mm snow. ski. tree. cant stop. *splAt*

I suppose I do want to get a job but the way I've been going lately doesn't seem to be happening any time soon. I've probably been too picky looking at jobs to apply for, but really, if I don't meet half the requirements stated on the job then I usually don't apply. That and also I should update my resume so I delete out quite a lot of useless stuff I've had for the past 5 years and maybe update my cover letter. Regurgitating the same one for a few years might be getting to them.

Labels:



Comments: Post a Comment

[Powered by Blogger]